Lamp Gallery: The original 1912 lamp gallery is now an exhibition
space for art, known as 'The Lamp Gallery' (pardon the pun). Shadowy figures
have been seen on the outer balcony, by visitors and exhibitors alike.
This room contains a 'dummy' lighthouse keeper, don't be alarmed, it's
not a real person.
Exhibition Room: This room was, in 1912, the Boiler Room and
stores. The lighthouse lamp now resides here, in the exhibition centre.
The arches are original, as well as the walls and proportions. People
have noticed a burning smell in these rooms, and the lamp has been known
to turn on its own. Keep your eyes peeled!
First Floor: Originally, this area led to the 'keepers' living
quarters. Here they will have eaten, socialised, cooked and carried out
domestic work. The room is now an interactive display, with info-boards.
Some visitors have heard music on this level, and a male voice who they
believe may be James Wolfe; one of the missing lighthouse men.
Centre : This small hut-like building was built in 1942, to house
radio monitoring equipment used by the R.A.F. World War 2 was raging south
of the island, and many important messages were intercepted at this very
location. One of the radios was donated to Fetch Rock, and is thought
to be haunted!